Monday, September 7, 2009

...I want to be a..............tree

OK -so she's right - I was green, but only because I wanted to be a tree - let me explain..

You see the 1942 Boeing Stearman was built only 39 years after two bicycle salesman had first soared in the air -technology in 1942 was pretty "basic" - transistors had just been invented and Alan Touring was just inventing a computer the size of a small house. Mankind was pushing the boundaries.

Which is why the Boeing had pedals not unlike child's pedal car - and I could reach them - this seemed to piss the pilot right off...

But trees - that's what I was thinking about - you see trees have roots - and if you believe Darwin - I had them once some 500 million years ago - I could do with them now - preferably big strong ones growing out of my arse. This would allow me, like a giant pink redwood, to anchor myself securely to the ground - I really needed a large diameter tap root right now.

As for paying the pilot $50 to turn upside down and get puke in your hair - he obviously belongs in an asylum.

Now, Sal enjoyed it - so she obviously comes from a different branch of the tree of life if you see what I mean - that or she has roots - will have a look when she nods off later..... will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment